workout routine

lauren sims workout routine lauren sims workout routine lauren sims workout routine lauren sims workout routine lauren sims workout routine lauren sims workout routine lauren sims workout routineGood hyouman tank top | Printed tights (also come in this print and black) | Tennis shoes | Sports braAviator sunglasses | Apple watch | Rose gold necklace

Hi guys! For a while now, I’ve gotten alot of requests to do a post on my workout routine. For those of you who follow me on snapchat or instagram, you probably see that I workout several days a week and that fitness is a big part of my life. I was hesitant to share my workout routine with y’all for a while because it’s far from perfect and needs a bit of tweaking. BUT, I decided to share it regardless just so you know what my workout routine looks like on a regular basis! I will say though, I’m trying to add in more weight training in place of the cardio so…it’s a work in progress!

My workout routine has changed slightly since my half marathon in May, now that I’m not having to log as many miles each week. So, this routine can vary depending on if I’m training for a race. But, here’s what my workout routine looks like more or less each week:

• Sunday: 6-mile run outdoors – either at the lake or around our neighborhood
  • Monday: 45-minute flywheel class (if you’ve never done Flywheel, there’s a portion of the class where you do arm weights, so this combines cardio and a little bit of weight training! you can also click that link to try your first class out for free!)
  • Tuesday: 60-minute vinyasa yoga class OR rest day, depending on how I’m feeling
  • Wednesday: Usually two back to back flywheel classes (the first class is a regular flywheel class, the second one is Flybeats – more of a rhythm based riding class with a little bit of choreography – it’s so fun!)
  • Thursday: Shorter run (3ish miles) + weight training (I usually do arm weights and an ab workout after a shorter run)
  • Friday: Flywheel or run or rest
  • Saturday: Recently added kickboxing at TITLE boxing club to my routine on Saturdays! It’s SUCH a good workout and is fun to change things up a bit!

I hope this is helpful for any of you trying to come up with a routine that works for you! Like I said, mine is pretty heavy on the cardio and I’m trying to add in more weight training. I try and work out 5-6 days a week because I truly love it. It’s such a stress reliever for me, and brings me so much joy! Since I work from home, it’s also my way to get out of the house and be around people or be outside…otherwise I would go crazy!

Let me know if y’all have questions about this or any specific requests for another fitness post!

14 Comments on workout routine

1. Vanessa
    June 9, 2016 at 2:30 pm (11 months ago)

You should try barre for your weight training! It’s so much harder than it looks and you’ll discover muscles you didn’t even know you had!

June 13, 2016 at 3:21 pm (10 months ago)

I’ve done barre a few times and it is seriously KILLER! like I am sore for days after haha. I definitely need to get back into it!

2. Sydney
    June 9, 2016 at 3:49 pm (11 months ago)

I love to hear about different workout routines, I’m always looking for new ideas on what to incorporate into my daily workouts! Thanks for sharing Lauren!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

3. Brittaniee Donals
    June 9, 2016 at 3:55 pm (11 months ago)

I was definitely interested in knowing your workout routine! I wish we had a FlyWheel in Kansas City!

June 13, 2016 at 3:20 pm (10 months ago)

I feel like Flywheel is growing so fast, so they might be there sooner than you think! I’ll definitely suggest this to them 🙂

4. Kristin
    June 9, 2016 at 4:28 pm (11 months ago)

Love that you shared this! I need to try Flywheel when I’m in Dallas visiting my parents & sister in two weeks–sounds so fun!

xox,
    Kristin

June 13, 2016 at 3:19 pm (10 months ago)

you totally should! you will love it!

5. Hannah
    June 9, 2016 at 4:40 pm (11 months ago)

This is so motivating!! I honestly don’t have the energy to do a workout every day, but I’m trying.so this is a good reminder for me 🙂 Your outfit is soooo cute too! Also, could you share some healthy meal plans/ideas for us? Thanks for the inspirational post and I hope you have a wonderful day!!

6. Dee
    June 10, 2016 at 12:32 am (11 months ago)

What a great routine! Getting real serious! Will you share your favorite 6mile playlist?

June 13, 2016 at 3:19 pm (10 months ago)

Oh man, I’m always changing up my playlists! But yes, I’ll start working on a post with some of my favorite running jams! Thanks for the suggestion!

7. Amy
    January 22, 2017 at 7:01 pm (3 months ago)

Can you tell me the size of your Apple Watch? It looks like you have a small wrist like me and I can’t decide which one I want 😊 Thank you!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on workout routine

1. […] from you guys via snapchat/instagram to share my workout routine. I did a post a while back (here) sharing my workout routine, but it’s changed alot over the last few months so I thought […]