For those of you who follow me on snapchat (laurenkay2), you know I love to share with y’all what I’m reading – particularly my devotionals or a book that’s been encouraging me in my faith. So, today I want to share with y’all some of my favorite devotionals or Christian books I read last year.
- New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp – This is a daily devotional (there’s a devotional for each day of the year) and I’ve probably gone through it at least two times now. But I still read it almost every day, because truth is truth regardless of how many times you’ve read it, and we all need to be reminded! I love this devotional because it doesn’t take insanely long, yet it’s packed with Scripture and wisdom and encouragement. Probably one of my favorite devotionals of all time.
- Wild & Free by Jess Connolly and Haley Morgan – “a hope filled anthem for the woman who feels she is both too much and never enough”. This book was so encouraging to me because it talks about a woman who truly knows how loved she is by the Lord isn’t afraid to live “wild” and for her life to look different, because you’re not living from a place of trying to please everyone. You’re free to live ‘wild’ because you know you are loved and your identity is secure in Christ. It’s also a really easy read! So if you’re maybe new to reading Christian books, don’t stress…this is a super easy read and really encouraging.
- Fervent by Priscilla Shire – “a woman’s battle plan to serious, specific, and strategic prayer”. I haven’t finished this book yet, but it’s one that you can repeat chapters over and over. The entire book teaches you how to specifically and strategically pray for different areas in your life – for your husband, for your kids, for your identity, for your security…it is so powerful and really teaches you to pray in a very powerful and specific way. This is so important because there really is SO much power in prayer, especially when you are praying Scripture!
- Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist – Maybe one of my favorite books of all times (and definitely one of my favorite authors). This book spoke to me so well because this is something I really struggle with. I say yes to way too many things and end up being frantic and stressed constantly. This book teaches you to slow down, to enjoy the moment, and to “leave behind the frantic, for a simpler, more soulful way of living.”
- Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst – I just started this book a few days ago but I’m already LOVING it. It’s about “living loved when you feel less than, left out, and lonely.” This book just speaks right to my heart because I can SO struggle with looking for my identity or security in how many likes I get on instagram, or what people think about my outfit, etc. This book teaches you how to root your identity in the truth that you are loved, and not letting anything shake you from that.
What are some of your favorite Christian books or devotionals? If you have any faves, please comment below! Happy weekend!