goodbye Dallas, hellloooo…

COLORADO!lauren sims boulder, colorado

Today is the day that I’m finally sharing my big announcement with you guys. Michael and I are moving to Boulder, Colorado here in just a few weeks! *insert all of the mixed emojis here!*lauren sims boulder, colorado lauren sims boulder, colorado lauren sims boulder, colorado

I’m sure this announcement seems totally random for the majority of you, so I’ll share some of the back story of how we got here.

Michael and I were both born in raised in Dallas. Other than our college years 90 minutes away from here (sic ’em!), we’ve never lived anywhere else. We love Dallas and it will always be home to us. Ever since we got married though (or really, ever since we’ve been engaged)…we always talked about living somewhere else for a little while. I’ve talked to so many married couples who lived somewhere else, in a new city, for the first few years of their marriage…and they said it was the best thing they could have done for their marriage. It truly bonds you together as a family like nothing else can. It’s a new adventure where you have to start from scratch together. Make new friends together, learn the town together, etc. We absolutely love Dallas but since we’ve both always been here, we’ve had a desire for that type of adventure and ‘newness’ together, if that makes sense!lauren sims boulder, colorado
lauren sims boulder, colorado

SO, since we’ve been engaged we’ve both had a desire to get out of Dallas for just a few years or so. It’s a desire I’ve had and prayed about for years now, but doors didn’t seem to be opening. I kept asking the Lord ‘if this desire is not from you, please take it away and help me to just feel at peace where we’re at.’ But the desire never went away and I just kept praying.

lauren sims boulder, colorado lauren sims boulder, colorado

Finally, about 5ish months ago, Michael started talking about going back to school to get his MBA. We prayed about it for a while, talked with our friends and family, and really felt a peace about moving somewhere for him to pursue that! We looked at a few different places across the country, and decided on Boulder, Colorado for several reasons! (I won’t get into all of the reasons why we chose CO just yet! Or this post could go on for days!) Ultimately though, we both grew up visiting Colorado, absolutely love the mountains and snowboarding, and being outdoors. We couldn’t be more excited for this new adventure!lauren sims boulder, colorado

So! For any of you guys who live in Boulder or nearby…I would love to meet you! I’m thinking about planning some type of meet up once we move, so let me know if y’all would be interested in that! Or for any of y’all that used to live in Boulder or are familiar with the area…please comment below or email me ALL of your recommendations! Shopping, food, hiking things, favorite parks, nail salons…literally everything because we are totally new to this beautiful city!

Thank y’all so much for following along all of my life adventures via the blog and social media! Michael and I are so excited for this new adventure, and I can’t wait to share this beautiful city with you guys on here!

Outfit details: quick side note about this sweater – this is more than I would typically spend on a sweater but I am SO glad I finally pulled the trigger on it! probably my favorite thing hanging in my closet right now and I get SO many compliments on it everytime I wear it!

Outfit details: Slouchy off shoulder sweater (wearing the XS) | Distressed denim | Suede boots (also available here) | Sunglasses | Beanie (similar here and here) | Mini leather crossbody bag | Lipstick (#26)

56 Comments on goodbye Dallas, hellloooo…

1. Susie Harrison
    January 13, 2017 at 1:41 pm (3 months ago)

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS! PLEASE STAY IN CO FOREVER 🙂

January 14, 2017 at 5:27 am (3 months ago)

LOL. lets talk about it once you guys come back!!!

2. Sarah
    January 13, 2017 at 1:53 pm (3 months ago)

Congratulations! This will be such a fun adventure. I’m getting married in just a couple of months, and my husband-to-be and I would love to live elsewhere for a few years for a lot of the same reasons you’ve mentioned. Best of luck to you and Michael as you take on a new season of life together!

January 14, 2017 at 5:27 am (3 months ago)

yes! i totally encourage you to pray / think through / pursue that desire! i truly believe it’s there for a reason. thank you for your encouragement!

3. Alyssa
    January 13, 2017 at 2:05 pm (3 months ago)

Congratulations! That is so very exciting! Will be praying for y’all during this move. CO is gorgeous!!

January 14, 2017 at 5:26 am (3 months ago)

thank you so much alyssa! that means so much!

4. Amanda
    January 13, 2017 at 2:40 pm (3 months ago)

Congrats! My fiance and I are from NJ and have lived in Houston for 9 months, Pennslyvania for a year, and now were moving to Austin for possibly forever. Its so scary and exciting. This is due to his job, but years ago when we lived in NJ i always said “i would love to move with you” and our wish came true. You’re going to love the new adventure with your husband.

January 14, 2017 at 5:25 am (3 months ago)

aw I love hearing stories like this! so encouraging. thank you for sharing and for reading!!

5. Emily
    January 13, 2017 at 2:42 pm (3 months ago)

So exciting!! My husband and I currently live in Dallas and we’ll be moving to CO in June after I graduate. I can’t wait to see all of the fun places you guys try out together!! Our favorite place for hiking is Estes Park and the cutest town along the way is Lyons 🙂

January 14, 2017 at 5:19 am (3 months ago)

aw that is so fun that y’all are moving too!! and i’ll definitely write those places down – thank you!!

6. Marissa Ni
    January 13, 2017 at 2:56 pm (3 months ago)

Omg congrats girly! My hubs and I are similar only he was born and raised in Orange County, Ca and we’ve both always lived here. We went to Colorado in November fell in love and went back for New Years and for us it’s the home prices and what you can get there compared to CA. Plus Coloradonis beautiful. So happy for you both!!!

January 14, 2017 at 5:18 am (3 months ago)

yessss we both grew up vacationing there and also fell in love with it! orange county isn’t a bad place to live either though haha. but thank you for reading and for sharing!!

7. Maddy
    January 13, 2017 at 4:07 pm (3 months ago)

Lauren I’m so excited for the both of you!! I’m a fairly new reader to your blog but have since become a huge fan of your work! I have lived in Boulder my entire life so if you need any recommendations for anything let me know or I can email you! I would also love for you to have a meet up!!

January 14, 2017 at 5:17 am (3 months ago)

aw that’s amazing that you’ve been there your whole life! you’re an expert! definitely considering doing a meet up and would love to meet you!

8. Beckie
    January 13, 2017 at 4:40 pm (3 months ago)

But they don’t have a Chuys in Colorado!! 😜😂 You can’t leave us!! Congratulations though!!

January 14, 2017 at 5:16 am (3 months ago)

girl that was one of my first thoughts when we decided on Colorado haha “WHAT ABOUT CHUY’S?!”. i have this thought that maybe i’ll get super fit without all that queso haha!

9. Amber S
    January 13, 2017 at 5:27 pm (3 months ago)

[Early] Welcome to Colorado! I’ve been following you on IG for a while now and love your style. I am also a Texas native (Go Mean Green), lived in Dallas, the San Francisco, and now Denver. There are SO many Texans here….you’ll fit right in. Congrats on your new adventure! I can’t wait to see how you style your Colorado life. Invest in good moisturizer now!!! Cheers. #windowshopgirl

January 14, 2017 at 5:23 am (3 months ago)

aw thank you so much! haha and absolutely YES to the good moisturizer! the weather is just a TAD different than dallas!

10. Anna White
    January 13, 2017 at 5:45 pm (3 months ago)

Wow!! How exciting! Chris’s job brought us to Nashville when we first got married, and you’re right… moving somewhere new together will definitely strengthen your marriage!! Cheers to new beginnings for you!! XO –

Anna | http://www.parkavenueblogger.com

January 14, 2017 at 5:22 am (3 months ago)

ah i’ve heard such great things about nashville! thanks so much for reading and for your encouragement!

11. Chelsea
    January 13, 2017 at 5:50 pm (3 months ago)

You picked a great town! I grew up just outside boulder and I’m home with my munchkins now, but work part time in Boulder, so I have lots of recs! Probably too long for this comment though 🙊

January 14, 2017 at 5:22 am (3 months ago)

oh good to know! if i have a meet up or something in boulder once we move, i’d love to meet you!

12. Nicole
    January 13, 2017 at 6:29 pm (3 months ago)

Congratulations on the big move!! That is so exciting. Sending positive vibes & lots of prayers to you and Michael on your new adventure! PS.. Obsessed with this sweater! 🙂 You look so fab!

January 14, 2017 at 5:21 am (3 months ago)

thank you so much nicole! 🙂

13. Anna
    January 13, 2017 at 6:32 pm (3 months ago)

How exciting! Can’t wait to follow along with your journey! 🙂

14. Kristin Wyzard
    January 13, 2017 at 7:23 pm (3 months ago)

Congratulations on the move. Right after my fiancé proposed we moved from Los Angeles to Minneapolis for work and it was one of the best decisions we ever made. You really focus on each other and your relationship and you grow so much from the experience. The adventure is so amazing!

Good luck with the move! Can’t wait to follow along as you get settled!

January 14, 2017 at 5:20 am (3 months ago)

ah i love hearing that! that’s awesome that it’s been such a great experience for y’all. thank you so much for reading and for the encouragement! <3

15. Carie Ford
    January 13, 2017 at 7:38 pm (3 months ago)

So happy for you and Michael! The Lord has such amazing things in store for you guys—I love watching it unfold. Take care my sweet friend. Love, Carie

January 14, 2017 at 5:15 am (3 months ago)

Carie! Thank you so much friend. Miss you and thankful for you!

16. Torey Beerman
    January 13, 2017 at 7:39 pm (3 months ago)

Oh my goodness CONGRATS! This is so so exciting!!! I totally understand the need to explore, adventure, and be somewhere new with the one you love! Best of luck, you’ll LOVE Boulder! 🙂

toreystreasures.com
    @toreystreasures

17. Cori
    January 13, 2017 at 10:12 pm (3 months ago)

Lauren, yay! We are so excited to have you in our neighborhood. You definitely need to check out Meraki Yoga Studio in Fort Collins (about 40 minutes away). Kelli K. does all of our photography here :)! We would love to have you for a class XO

18. Bridget McGahen
    January 13, 2017 at 11:58 pm (3 months ago)

Hey! I’m in Boulder and would love to help ease the move in any way I can. My husband and I are from Houston originally, but lived in Brooklyn, NY for two years before making the move to CO. We moved here not knowing anyone, so I know that can be really hard. Some of my faves– Hikes: Mount Sanitas, Royal Arch. Runs: Boulder creek path, Davidson Mesa. Drinks: West End Tavern (Whiskey), Wibby Brewery. I don’t have a nail salon to recommend, but I really like my hairdresser in Louisville (Marilyn at Hairendipity). Let me know if you need anything or would like to grab coffee!

19. Mattison
    January 14, 2017 at 12:04 am (3 months ago)

Congrats to you and Michael!! I’ve heard Boulder is absolutely wonderful!!! Can’t wait to see all that the Lord brings to you both with this new adventure.

Best,
    Mattison Torres
    @citysoulsouthernheart

20. Anna
    January 14, 2017 at 1:54 am (3 months ago)

Congrats! I currently live in southeast Denver but lived in Superior, which is the city just east of Boulder, for 3 years! You will absolutely love it! The restaurants, the shopping, the scenery….it’s all amazing! Good thing with Boulder, too, is that you’re just a 30 min drive to Denver which leads you to more amazing food and shopping! Check out Louisville when you get there…it’s an adorable city with cute shops and, of course, restaurants 😉

21. Julie
    January 14, 2017 at 2:17 am (3 months ago)

One of our biggest regrets was not leaving Austin when we first got married! Now 12 years and one kid later, we are so weary of making that move. So smart move! My BIL went to CU and absolutely loved it! One thing though for sure…you’re going to be in the midst of a lot of hippy liberals which is way different than Dallas. It’s a beautiful place and there’s so much to do around CO plus just a short trip home! Congrats and best wishes!

22. Cathy G.
    January 14, 2017 at 3:16 am (3 months ago)

Ok so I moved to Colorado 5 years ago from California…… the sunsets are amazing also sunrises!!! You must go to Littleman ice cream in Denver and a great restaurant there is Root down!!! Best wishes for you in Colorado!!!!

23. Emily
    January 14, 2017 at 4:38 am (3 months ago)

Congrats and you’ll love Boulder and Denver.
    Check out the Celestial Tea tour in town and the Unseen Bean!

24. Allison
    January 14, 2017 at 6:23 am (3 months ago)

Yay! I currently live in Fort Worth and am moving to Denver this month! I have loved following you here and I’m so excited for you to post your favorite cold weather gear (I need help!) Congrats and good luck!!

January 17, 2017 at 3:59 am (3 months ago)

oh my gosh how funny that we’re both moving at the same time! best of luck with your move! I am dreading packing with every fiber of my being haha!

25. Christine
    January 14, 2017 at 6:46 am (3 months ago)

Congrats! I’ve been casually following your Instagram account and have bought quite a few things you’ve linked (my bank account hates me for it) but I love your stuff! We made the move to Denver from Houston a few years ago and haven’t looked back since! We even got married in Lyons and make weekend trips up to Boulder all the time.. it’s like a smaller Austin.. such a cute city- you’ll love it!!
    Hike recs- anemone hill trail, mt sanitas, green mountain and everything in Nederland/Brainard lake area is gorgeous! I’m currently working on a hiking blog if you ever need recs in the future! (Look me up in a month or so- A life on foot) 😉

January 17, 2017 at 3:58 am (3 months ago)

ah YAY thank you so much for sharing! and i will definitely keep an eye out for your hiking blog because that sounds amazing!!

26. Abby
    January 14, 2017 at 5:33 pm (3 months ago)

YAY!!! I just recently moved to Denver from Indianapolis and absolutely love it. I work up in the Boulder area and there are so many things to do. I would love for you to have a meet up so that you are able to meet new people around the area and bring your followers together.

January 17, 2017 at 3:58 am (3 months ago)

ah yay i love hearing this! i’m definitely going to look into the meet up thing!

27. Hannah Savadkohi
    January 14, 2017 at 6:31 pm (3 months ago)

First of all, congrats! I’m soooo happy for you! And second, your said something in your post that was really inspirational: ‘if this desire is not from you, please take it away and help me to just feel at peace where we’re at.’ I’m currently wanting to leave my job and find another, but another situation doesn’t seem to be popping up. So reading that gives me the inspiration to pray to God asking him where he wants me to be, and if he wants me to stay at the job I’m at, then let me be content. Thank you, Lauren!

January 17, 2017 at 3:57 am (3 months ago)

aw, thank you so much for sharing, and I’m glad this encouraged you! and girl, believe me I’ve BEEN there. unhappy with current circumstances but nothing else opening up. remember, God’s timing really is PERFECT and he’s got your best in mind! hang in there!

28. Larson McQuary
    January 16, 2017 at 2:52 pm (3 months ago)

Congratulations!! Colorado offers so many things to enjoy: nature, inspiration to get moving outdoors, yummy food, genuine people, all four seasons, culture and so much more! I moved to Laramie, Wyoming after graduating from high school in Dallas and went to the University of Wyoming for my first two years of college before transferring to Texas A&M. I met my boyfriend of now 5 years at UW and he had moved from Texas as well, we didn’t know each other before but God’s work is SO evident in how he brought us together! We are so thankful we had the chance to have an adventure together, away from our home and families, and it’s made us so close. Our Rocky Mountain adventure is such a blessing and a time in our lives we will always hold close in our hearts, even living back in Texas now. Bundle up, the weather is no joke sometimes! Congratulations and many prayers and blessings in your adventure!!

January 17, 2017 at 3:52 am (3 months ago)

Wow! So encouraging to hear! And funny you say ‘all four seasons’ because that’s one of the reasons we picked Colorado haha! So glad to hear y’all had such a great experience having your own adventure away from home…hoping we have similar experience! xoxo

29. Brooke
    January 16, 2017 at 7:53 pm (3 months ago)

I’ve never commented on a bloggers site before but this post hit close to home! So excited for you both! My husband and I grew up and attended college in Oklahoma. Months after our engagement we had the opportunity to move to Dallas and packed our things to move to our new place later that shear after the wedding. Such an amazing experience for marriage! We both stayed relatively busy in Oklahoma and moving to Dallas gave us more time with each other to explore a new exciting place!

I will say, moving away from home – there will be a moment when you become homesick and miss your friends and loved ones. Continue to pray and remember why God has given you this opportunity to explore a new place and before you know it that time will pass and you’ll have two places to call home.

January 17, 2017 at 3:48 am (3 months ago)

Wow – thank you so much for taking the time to comment, share your experience, and this encouragement! Seriously means so much to me. I’m sure there will be times that I’m DEFINITELY homesick – I’m one of six kids and the first one to move out of the state! So, I really appreciate the wisdom you shared here. So glad y’all had such a great experience in Dallas!

30. Amanda Howard
    January 25, 2017 at 7:54 pm (3 months ago)

Congrats on the big upcoming move! I wish you & Michael the happiest time there & know you’ll love every minute of it! Absolutely love your blog and amazing love for God! xo

31. stylemelauren
    January 31, 2017 at 10:08 pm (3 months ago)

This is so so exciting!! I’m so happy for you two!! Austin and I moved to where his family is from in California in May, but we keep talking about moving out of state and having the same experience you guys are craving!! We’ll see:) So excited to see your new adventures! XO

@stylemelauren

32. Stacy
    February 23, 2017 at 7:19 am (2 months ago)

Congratulations on the new move! I’ve have as well recently moved haha OK well 8 months ago lol. And I couldn’t agree more that I’ve become closers with my boyfriend for it. We do things together and are sharing new memories. My only downfall about my move is meeting new friends!! If you have any advice for a shy gal I’d love to read about it in your blog!

33. Sarah Camille K
    March 29, 2017 at 3:56 pm (3 weeks ago)

Hi Lauren! I stumbled across your IG a few weeks ago. I’m a bit late but welcome to Boulder! I love following you because I’m originally a CO native, but lived in Dallas for a decade for college and beyond with my husband. There is so much I miss about that amazing city(namely the fashion and food), but I’m sure you will two will love life in Boulder. There is a quality of life here that is unbeatable with all the outdoor activities. We are in Lyons…if you haven’t made it to our cute little town by now, I highly recommend dinner at The Fork. The truffle fries are TDF Also, Red Rocks concert season is just around the corner. I know you’ve been here a few months now, but let me know if you need a tour guide/coffee buddy at Wonder. 🙂

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on goodbye Dallas, hellloooo…

1. […] on your JavaScript to view content With our move just around the corner (see my post about it here!) I decided to do a weekly series called ‘best of dallas‘ where I share what I think are […]