Pink varsity tee (only $35!) | Distressed skinny jeans | Adidas superstar sneakers | Aviator sunglasses | Camel handbag | Tassel earrings | Leather watch
Hi guys! Sorry this post is getting up later than usual for me. In case you didn’t see on instagram or snapchat, my big sister got married this weekend! So I’m definitely in recovery mode today from that haha. But today I wanted to share with y’all what Advocare products/supplements I take on a consistent basis, because it’s probably a question I get asked most often by you guys!
In case you’re not familiar – Advocare makes vitamins and supplements that promote a healthy lifestyle. They have products for weightloss, athletic performance, sleep, and just overall wellness. I started taking Advocare supplements in high school and have been hooked ever since. Here’s what I take on a regular basis:
Favorite Advocare products for pre-workout:
- Spark – Spark is a powder that you mix with 8oz of water. I take Spark 15 minutes before every single workout – whether I’m running, cycling, or weight training. It gives you energy for your workout and also helps focus your mind. Spark isn’t just for pre workouts though – alot of people drink it in the morning instead of coffee for their caffeine fix! It also has 20 vitamins, minerals, and nutrients and only 15 calories. My favorite flavors are fruit punch and cherry.
- 02 Gold – I take 02 Gold an hour before any heavy cardio activity – so, anytime I’m running 5 miles or more, or going to a spin class. It helps regulate your body’s oxygen levels, giving you more endurance and energy during cardio! This has been a game changer for me, particularly with running and half marathon training.
- Catalyst – I take Catalyst 30 minutes before any workout – weight training or cardio (but you don’t have to take it before a workout. You can also just take it 30mins before a meal). This is probably one of Advocare’s best sellers because it does so many things. Catalyst helps maintain muscle mass during exercise, and helps support post-exercise muscle repair and recovery. I can notice a huge difference in my muscle tone when I’m consistently taking Catalyst vs when I’m not.
- Rehydrate – this is one I just added to my fitness routine about a year ago and I LOVE it. It’s also a powder that you mix with water. I will mix Rehydrate with Spark before a run or cardio activity, specifically if I’m slightly dehyrated (maybe if I had a little too much wine the night before, or just haven’t been drinking enough water). But you can also take it post workout to restore your body’s electrolytes. Rehydrate fuels your body with sequential carbohydrates for energy production and sustained muscle endurance and helps prevent cramping during and after exercise
I don’t take every single one of these products before every workout BTW haha! These are just some of my favorites, and gives you lots of options! They’re all amazing though – just depends on what type of workouts you’re doing.
Favorite Advocare products for overall health/wellnesss
Several of the products I mentioned above (Spark, Rehydrate, and Catalyst) could also fall into this category! But, a few others:
- Probiotic – I am OBSESSED with this supplement. Everyone should take a probiotic every single day. A probiotic helps support healthy intestinal function and the ability to absorb nutrients from food and supplements. It also just helps with digestion and everything involved with that. You will feel so much better when you’re consistently taking a probiotic.
- Meal replacement shake – okay, the chocolate peanut butter flavor is almost like having a shake for dessert! But healthy! These shakes are SO yummy, but they also pack 20+ grams of protein and keep you full for a long time. If I’m in a hurry and don’t have time to make eggs for breakfast, I’ll make one of these shakes in 30 seconds and still have a nutritious and filling breakfast. They are great for post workout too because they have so much protein.
People also swear by Advocare’s MNS vitamins, which I need to start taking. They’re just great multivitamins for overall health, wellness, immunity, and metabolism!
I’ve also done Advocare’s 24 day challenge before and LOVED that (see my post about it here). I’m planning on doing the 10 day cleanse as soon as we move and get settled in Colorado!
Let me know if y’all have tried any of these products or if you have any questions!