friday’s in fall: over-the-knee boots
Happy Friday y’all! For today’s Friday’s in Fall series I wanted to talk ALL about over-the-knee boots with y’all! OTK boots are seriously one o fmy favorite parts about my fall wardrobe, but I know they can be tough to shop for, and intimidating to style. So today I’m going to round-up my favorite over-the-knee boots and share a few styling tips!
If you’re wondering how to wear over-the-knee boots, here are a few of my favorite ways to wear them:
1. With leggings. IMO there is no cuter combination than leggings, an oversized sweater (should cover your bum!) and a great pair of OTK boots! I think this look is flattering yet casual and comfortable! Also makes your legs look long and lean!
2. With denim. Make sure you have a good pair of skinny jeans for fall to pair with your OTK boots (see this post I did on Tuesday if you’re in the market for new jeans!). OTK boots definitely don’t work with boyfriend jeans or any kind of flare. The skinnier the better when it comes to pairing jeans with OTK boots.
3. With dresses. I LOVE the look of over-the-knee boots with dresses – casual or dressy! They key here is wearing a dress that comes just above your knee. If you’re wearing a dress that is knee length or longer…go with an ankle bootie instead of OTK boots. Wearing OTK boots with a knee-length dress will make your legs appear shorter, and it’s not a flattering look.
If you’re wondering whether or not you really need over-the-knee boots this fall…here is a few reasons why I love them, and why I think you need them!
- Instant statement – even if you’re wearing a basic outfit like jeans, tee, and a cardigan…a good pair of over-the-knee boots can instantly make your outfit stand out and look on-trend! Even if you think you’re not “trendy”, OTK boots can take any outfit from “basic” to “statement”!
- Photo op – this might seem like a silly reason but OTK boots look SO good in pictures. So, if you have engagement photos coming up, or family fall pics, Christmas cards, etc…over-the-knee boots are very flattering in pictures!
- Fall-friendly – you will be surprised at HOW many outfits you can pair your over-the-knee boots with! I also love that they can make a dress more ‘fall-friendly’ because they keep your legs warm!
Now onto finding the perfect over-the-knee boots for you! I’ve rounded up tons of options below to meet all the criteria (budget, style, etc.)!
Faves for $150 or less:
Over-the-knee boots included in the Shopbop sale happening now! (use code EOTS17 at checkout to get up to 25% off!)
Other personal favorites:
I’d love to hear y’alls thoughts on over-the-knee boots in the comments below! Do you love them? Are you intimidated by them? Hope this little guide helps you find your perfect pair for fall! ALSO we have been LOVING seeing some of your #LKSfridaysinfall posts on instagram! Such a fun way to connect with you guys. Post a pic in your favorite pair of OTK boots using the hashtag…or anything fall related, really! At the end of this series we’re going to round up some of y’alls pics using the hashtag!
Hope y’all have a wonderful weekend! Don’t forget to check back here tomorrow for the weekly instagram round-up!