I go through phases with makeup, where I either go months and months without buying anything new and just sticking with what I know…OR I buy one new thing which snowballs into an entire bag full of new make-up! I happen to be in that second phase right now and wanted to share some of my favorite new finds with you!
- NARS sheer glow foundation – don’t let the word “sheer” deceive you! I got this foundation because I was looking for something with more coverage (love my laura mercier tinted moisturizer for everyday, but for date nights/shoots/events I wanted more coverage!). This foundation is amazing. It definitely provides more coverage, but still feels really light on your face and doesn’t have that caked on look at all. It still looks and feels natural, but definitely gives more coverage, which I love!
- Anastasia Beverly hills contour kit – you might have seen my snapchat a while back about being a little overwhelmed and lost when it comes to contouring. I got this contour kit in hopes that I could figure it out, and ya’ll, it’s like I’ve created a monster haha! Now I feel naked without doing at least some subtle highlighting/contouring before leaving the house! I love the colors in this contour kit, and it’s super easy to use. I can now do my contouring/highlighting in less than 5 minutes. This kit contours so well/naturally and highlights your cheekbones perfectly. You will love it.
- YSL Touche Eclat – (I still have no idea how to pronounce this. I just call it my YSL stick of gold). I was at the YSL counter a few weeks ago getting a new lip color when the sales lady introduced me to this product. It’s a highlighting/brightening product that will instantly make you look so much more awake! She tried it on me after I had a night of almost no sleep and was looking haggard, and after she put this on to highlight my cheekbones, cupid’s bow, under my eyes, and brow bones…I somehow magically look like I slept 8hrs and had 2 cups of coffee already. It’s the perfect little stick to keep in your purse to freshen up when you’re going out, or when you get off a plane. Seriously a life saver.
- NARS “orgasm” blush – I’d heard from countless people about how amazing this blush was and really didn’t understand it. I mean, blush is blush, right? I decided to try it out though just to see what all the hype was about. Ya’ll…this blush is ALL it’s cracked up to be! It’s the perfect color pink, without being too pink, and has just enough shimmer to it (it’s very subtle). With other blushes I felt like I had to put layers and layers on to get it to show up, but this shows up in just one fail swoop. (Is that the right expression to use there? Haha)
- Charlotte Tilbury flawless finish powder – I always heard people talk about a finishing powder but never really understood the purpose. After reading amazing reviews about this flawless finish powder, I decided to give it a try, and it makes ALL the difference! I just sweep it over my entire face after I’ve done concealer + foundation and it really does what it says: gives you a perfectly flawless finish. You could also wear it on its own if you’re in a rush and not wearing a lot of makeup that day!
xo LaurenShop the post: