olive green tshirt dress + whitefish, montana
Okay first of all, I want to apologize for any hazy / weird color quality on these pics. Michael and I shot these when we were in Whitefish, Montana last week. While we were there, there were TONS of fires in surrounding cities, so Whitefish was insanely smokey and hazy throughout our stay, unfortunately! BUT. I had a few of you reach out and ask for some of my recommendations in Whitefish, which I was pretty surprised by because it’s such a small town / not super popular! Michael’s parents actually have a house up there which is why we go semi-regularly…and absolutely LOVE it. IMO, Montana is for sure one of the prettiest states in the US.So today I wanted to share this olive green tshirt dress with y’all…but also a few of our favorite things to do in Whitefish, Montana!
Whitefish is just about 30ish minutes away from Glacier National Park, which is just BEYOND gorgeous. There are tons of great hikes to do here (definitely check out Avalanche lake and Lake McDonald while you’re there). There’s also fishing, boating, cycling…so many things to do in Glacier! If hiking isn’t your thing…there’s a road called ‘going to the sun road’ that you can drive (instead of hike) and take on the amazing views of Glacier. You can also grab lunch at Lake McDonald lodge which I highly recommend.Michael’s parents have a house about 5 minutes away from downtown Whitefish which is just the most charming town. I can’t say there are any restaurants there that we’ve just been blown away by (coming from Dallas and Boulder – two MAJOR foodie towns haha I don’t think Whitefish is necessarily known for out of this world food), but here are a few restaurants I’d recommend while you’re there!:
- Brunch at Loula’s Cafe – major comfort food, home cookin style but actually really good!
- Tupelo Grille – if you’re wanting a nicer dinner out, this place is slightly less casual than other places in Whitefish and the food is really good
- Latitude 48 – I don’t think I’ve eaten here but I’ve heard good things about it!
- Craggy Range – nice for a good, casual dinner with quality food! Also they have amazing dessert so of course I like it!
- Bulldog saloon – good spot for a quick lunch to grab a burger!
- Red caboose – cutest little frozen yogurt / coffee shop!
- Sweet peaks – we just discovered this place last week when we were there but they have AMAZING ice cream! I wish we would’ve known about it sooner!
(BTW I am by no means claiming to be a Whitefish expert haha. These are just a few places we’ve been that I really liked!)Another reason we love Whitefish is because of the skiing / snowboarding! I’ve been in the winter a few times and it is truly magical there. We snowboard, walk around the town covered in snow, and one time we even went dog sledding which was the coolest experience ever!Outfit details: olive green tshirt dress (wearing the XS but probably should’ve gotten the S!) | leather crossbody bag | round aviator sunglasses | suede booties | similar earrings
So if you’ve never been to Montana before…I (obviously) cannot recommend it enough. The mountains are unbelievable, the snow there is magical, and the hiking / skiing are amazing!
Side note about this olive green tshirt dress (which I LOVE)…I’d recommend sizing up if you are 5’5 or taller! I got the XS and you can see it’s a tad short on me. But the quality is great considering how budget-friendly it is, and it comes in several colors!
Thanks for reading!