best self tanner + beauty giveaway!
Hey y’all! Taking a slight break from gift ideas today to talk about another thing we all need in December…self tanner haha! I shared what self tanner I use on instagram stories this past weekend and got SO MANY dm’s from you guys, that I thought it would be helpful to dedicate a full post to the best self tanner (IMO) and how I use it. (At the bottom of this post I’ll also share a GIVEAWAY I’m doing with some of my fave beauty products, and this self tanner is include!)
Before I go into the self tanner, why I love it and how to use it…I feel like I should clarify something first! I naturally have a pretty tan complexion, thanks to genetics I guess! In the summer I get SUPER tan from the sun, and in the winter I never get that pale. So, this self tanner might look differently on me than it does on you. And I personally only use this about twice a month or before an event or photoshoot. But I know other girls who use it weekly! Just depends on your natural skin tone and the look you’re going for. Okay, moving on.
Why I think this is the best self tanner
I’ve tried several different self tanners, and have seen the best / most results from this one. Other self tanners didn’t really make much of a difference in the color of my skin. I like this St. Tropez self tan express because it shows up QUICK! Other self tanners take hours to develop or multiple days of reapplying.
I also like this one because it’s not streaky and it doesn’t smell. This is also a great self tanner because you can modify it depending on how dark you want to be. If you just want a little bit of color, leave it on for an hour and then rinse. If you want the MOST color, leave it on for 4 hrs or more before rinsing it off.
How to get the best results from self tanner
If you want the self tanner to go on as even as possible, and last as long as possible, here are some tips:
- Exfoliate and shave 24hrs before applying the self tanner. I personally like this body scrub.
- Apply lotion after you exfoliate and shave. This is my go-to lotion right now!
- After you’ve done the exfoliate / shave / lotion process the day before (preferably), apply the self tanner all over your body using this application mit
- Rinse the application mit when you’re done and let it air dry
- Wear loose / dark clothes for maybe 15-30 mins while the self tanner dries (I usually just put my towel back on and finish getting ready, and then get dressed).
- Keep your skin moisturized with lotion (wait at least 12hrs before putting lotion on) to make the tan last longer.
Self tanner and face situation
So I personally don’t put this self tanner on my face. I know people who do, so I know you can. I just have kind of sensitive skin and I’m afraid it will make me break out. (I have no reason to think that it will btw haha I just don’t want to risk it). However! I recently started using these tan luxe drops on my face and love them! I add about 4-5 drops to my moisturizer and apply to my face. They just give you a nice glow + a little bit of color. I definitely don’t do this everyday – again, just whenever I have an event or if I’m feeling super pale. (I’ve also tried the tan luxe for body and really like it! I feel like the results aren’t as dramatic though as St. Tropez).
SO hopefully that answers ALL of your questions about the best self tanner ever! I’m doing a giveaway on my instagram to win this as well as a few of my other favorite beauty products. All you have to do is:
- download the LIKEtoKNOW.it app by clicking this link (you MUST use this link or the link in my IG bio to download the app – it’s a trackable link!)
- follow me in the LIKEtoKNOW.it app and on instagram
- comment “DONE” on this instagram pic!
Good luck! Thanks for reading!