favorite protein bars + protein powders
Happy Friday friends! First of all, let me apologize in advance for the overload of pics in this post haha but I am OBSESSED with this athleisure outfit! Today I’m talking about one of my favorite things with you guys: protein! If you’ve been to my house or know me at all, you know protein is basically a love language of mine haha. I never have a meal (or a snack really) that doesn’t have protein in it. Protein is what will build your muscles and keep you feeling full. Without alot of protein in my day, I am starving, grumpy and have low energy. So, today I’ll be sharing what I think are the best protein bars and protein powders with y’all!
Best Protein Bars
- RX bars – this is probably my current favorite protein bar. I have one in my purse or in my carry on bag on the plane at all times. I love that they only have about 5 ingredients in them so you know EXACTLY what you’re eating and where your protein is coming from. Most of them have around 12g of protein and 210 cals which is a perfect snack for me, or a quick breakfast on the go. My favorite flavors are chocolate sea salt, coconut chocolate, and mint chocolate!
- G2G bars – if you’ve been following me for a while, then you’ve heard me talk about these bars a ton! They have no refined sugar and no preservatives and they taste amazing! Whenever I’m doing some type of cleanse or trying to cut back on desserts, sometimes I’ll heat one of these up in the microwave for dessert! They are such a yummy treat, but still have 17g of protein! My favorite flavors are peanut butter chocolate chip (duh) and peanut butter fruit nut. You can get 15% off your order too with the code KAY.
- Fitjoy bars – these have also been a favorite of mine for a few years now! These pack the most protein out of all these bars (most of them have around 20g of protein, and around 220 calories). These bars also taste amazing, they are GMO free, gluten free, and no artificial flavors. I also always bring these with me when I travel! My favorite flavors are cookies and cream and lemon square! (But honestly they are ALL good!)
Best protein powders
I make a protein shake almost every single day. I usually have them after I workout for breakfast (or, if I’ve already eaten breakfast that day, I’ll just make them for a post workout shake without the extra ‘add ins’). If i’m making a protein shake for my breakfast, I will add half a banana and almond butter and almond milk to the shake. If I’m only taking it for the protein, I’ll typically just make it with ice and water! I’ve actually found two new protein powders this year that I’ve been loving / have become new regulars for me.
- Orgain protein – these protein shakes are completely organic and their protein shakes are made from grass fed whey. Their plant based and vegan products are made from certain organic plant proteins, meaning no hormones, no antibiotics, and no pesticides! They also taste AMAZING. I make a shake with their creamy chocolate fudge organic protein powder almost every morning – it has 21g of protein and no added sugar! Martha and I both love their ready-to-drink nutrition (pre-made bottles) for a protein shake on the go! [If you’re new around here, Martha is basically my right-hand man / assistant for the blog! She’s the bomb].
- Vega protein – I’ve become OBSESSED with Vega protein this past year. It’s clean, plant-based protein and tastes so good. Vega also makes protein bars, pre workout supplements, post workout, etc. I personally love their clean protein powder in the chocolate flavor for either a post workout shake, or a quick breakfast!
- Advocare – I’m still a huge fan of this advocare meal replacement shake. This is definitely more filling if you’re looking to make a meal out of it. The chocolate PB flavor is so good – and the carbohydrates + fiber + protein in this drink will keep you feeling full for a LONG time!
Now that I’ve shared the best protein bars and protein powders with y’all…I want to quickly talk about this look! I’m obsessed with these high waist leggings both for working out, or for everyday life! They are SO comfortable and super flattering (they have just the right amount of compression!). I also think this hoodie is so darling to throw on after a workout, or hopping on a plane. It’s insanely soft and I love the little tie detail in the back!
Do you guys have any favorite protein bars or protein powders? I always love trying new proteins so leave a comment below if you have some that you love! Thanks for reading!