Happy Cinco de Mayo! I am SO excited to share with you guys what I believe is the PERFECT skinny margarita! I’m not gonna lie to you guys. I’m pretty high maintenance / hard to please when it comes to margaritas haha. I don’t like when they are too sweet or syrupy tasting. I want them to be really fresh, light, refreshing, and limey. I’ve been playing around with ratios for a while now and finally achieved what I think is the perfect skinny margarita recipe!
I’ll share the recipe with you guys in a sec but a few things to note:
- this is kind of a baseline recipe! so feel free to tweak it to your liking. like i said, i don’t like my margaritas very sweet so I just add a TINY bit of agave. but if you like yours more sweet, add more agave.
- one of my fave parts about this margarita is the salt mixture in the rim! you don’t HAVE to have this for your marg, but I definitely think it takes it up a notch!
- the recipe says to use one whole lime…but i’ll typically add in a little more lime juice on top of that (even if its not necessarily freshly squeezed).
So without further adue…here it is! Feel free to save this image / pin it / make it / tag me on stories etc!
for more of my fave recipes leave your email here!
I also wanted to share a few more margarita recipes with you guys, in case you need some more ideas for Cinco de Mayo!
- The Defined Dish Margarita – SO good. This used to be my go-to before I started making my own skinny marg!
- Strawberry basil margarita – I haven’t made this one yet but it looks like the perfect summer cocktail and I can’t wait to try it!
- Light and spicy margarita – if you like a little kick!