You know the quote “the best things in life aren’t things”? I think that is so true and can also apply to gift-giving as well! Pre-2020 Michael and I really enjoyed giving each other ‘experiences’ more than things…we loved to give each other concert tickets as a gift or a trip. And then we had memories from those experiences for the rest of our lives…as opposed to a product that you might not remember what you got the next year! Giving experiences is slightly more challenging during a global pandemic…but today I wanted to put together a list of “experiences” you could gift a love one this year, a lot of which all completely free, and will communicate so much love!
9 experiences to give your family + friends during 2020
1.Cook dinner for your parents or in-laws. You could either make it like a special date night for them and cook at their house. OR, invite them over to your house and cook a meal for the four of you!
2. Free babysitting coupon – watch your sibling’s kids one night while they go out on a date night, or even stay in and get dinner delivered for a date night at home. You could even throw in a door dash or restaurant gift card to go with this!
3. Create a wine night / cheese basket for someone you love so they can have a fun girls night or date night in! Fill it with your favorite wine, jam, cheese, crackers, honey, etc! If you gift it to a girlfriend it could even be a girls night kit for the two of you!
4. Sign your mom / sister / friend / loved one up for a digital cooking class! So many people have new years resolutions to cook more, and this would be such a fun gift!
5. Find local outdoor events in your area – ice skating, Christmas lights trails etc. This could be an experience you gift before Christmas, or a fun Christmas date night for you and your man.
6. Gift a couple/family (or your man) a pizza making kit for a fun pizza night at home! Dough, apron, toppings, sauce pizza cookbook etc!
7. Good old fashion “IOU” book for your spouse – back massage, foot rub, household chores etc
8. Virtual gym membership – so many places like OrangeTheory or Corepower Yoga are streaming classes online now if you’re not able to be physically in the studio! Or there are also alot of great programs like Madeline Moves or Jill White Fitness you can do from home, and you could gift a loved one a few months memberships!
9. Wine subscription like Winc! Such a fun way to try out tons of different wines throughout the year. This would be a great gift for your friend or family member who has an interest in wine!
How are you guys doing on your Christmas shopping?! I am almost done and it feels so good! I plan on gifting a few of these experiences to some loved ones to finish off my ‘shopping’ and I’m so excited about it! Hope these ideas get your wheels turning and help you love on your people well this holiday season!
Thanks for reading!