Kate Somerville exfoliating treatment | Kate Somerville retinol night cream | Kate Somerville purifying cleanser | Kate Somerville moisturizer | Kiehl’s creamy eye treatment | Kiehl’s hydrating facial mist | Diptyque candle
I don’t know about you, but I love reading about other people’s skincare routine – especially if they have found product they love and that works for them. So today I want to share with you my current skincare routine! These are all products that are “tried and true” for me. I’ve used them for sometime now and while I will occasionally try new product, I always go back to these.
First of all – let me tell you a little about my skin type. Growing up I definitely struggled with mild acne and semi-regular breakouts. I’ve been seeing a dermatologist since I was 12. Since college my skin cleared up for the most part, but I’m still prone to break outs and have pretty sensitive skin. Recently I’ve also started caring more about anti-aging skincare products and investing in that.
Now onto the products and skincare routine!
- This purify clarifying cleanser has been my go-to face wash for years now. It not only cleanses and refreshes your skin, but also has salicylic and lactic acids that exfoliate dead skin cells, improving texture. This cleanser lathers away pore-clogging dirt, oil and makeup, helps reduce enlarged pores to promote a beautiful, shine-free complexion. (And the price is super reasonable, for a product that will last you months!) I use this face wash morning and night.
- This 2-in-1 retinol night cream is an absolute must for your skincare routine in my opinion. This retinol cream is designed to gently infuse skin with pure retinol to help diminish the appearance of wrinkles and even texture and skin tone. So, it helps prevents breakouts as well as fine lines and wrinkles! I use this every night.
- This creamy eye treatment with avocado somewhat feels like a massage for your eyes. A great eye cream is essential for every skincare routine and this one is the best I’ve ever tried. It gives a burst of hydration to your eye area with a unique, concentrated texture that won’t migrate into your eyes. The creamy treatment contains avocado oil to gently moisturize delicate skin. I use this eye cream every morning and night.
- This oil-free moisturizer has been my go-to moisturizer for two years now. I tend to have somewhat oily skin, so I definitely need an oil-free moisturizer, and I only use it as needed (usually every other day). Hydration is essential for healthy, balanced, clear skin, no matter your skin type. Dehydrated skin may overcompensate by producing excess sebum, which can be the cause of acne and breakouts. So even if you’re like me and have oily skin, make sure you have a great oil-free moisturizer in your skincare routine! (Also – this one lasts FOREVER! I’ve had mine for about 9 months now!)
- Another skincare routine essential is a great exfoliator and this one is my absolute favorite! To quote Kate Somerville, “Exfoliation is such an important step in maintaining healthy skin, no matter what the weather is. Oils and impurities become trapped under the skin and exfoliation is key”. This exfoliating wash is an intensive exfoliating treatment formulated with face-scrubbing exfoliants to deep-clean clogged pores. Lactic acid and papaya, pineapple and pumpkin enzymes reveal smooth skin and a brighter, healthier-looking complexion without over-drying. I use this exfoliator once or twice a week (and follow it with the oil-free moisturizer above!)
- This hydrating facial mist is the most recent product I’ve added to my skincare routine, and I’m obsessed! First of all, it smells and feels as good as the name sounds: Cactus Flower & Tibetan Ginseng Mist. (I was initially just sold by the name alone!) This cooling, refreshing mist purifies and hydrates your skin, breathing new life into your complexion with every spritz. The cactus flower keeps your skin hydrated even under dry conditions and the Tibetan ginseng increases skin-cell respiration – a formula that helps skin maintain its essential moisture to keep it soft and smooth. You can spritz this on your face anytime throughout the day (especially if your skin is feeling dull or dry). And you can put it on over makeup if you want!
Let me know if you have any questions about any of these products, or skincare in general! It’s something I’ve really learned to love and appreciate, as I’ve come to realize how important it really is to take great care of your skin!
Thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post! As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
xo LaurenShop the post + other skincare favorites: