sephora summer bonus event: what i’m buying!
If you haven’t heard, yet, Sephora is currently having their Summer Bonus Event! This is such a perfect time to restock your favorite makeup or skincare products, or take the opportunity to try a new beauty product you’ve been eyeing! For today’s blog post, I wanted to give y’all all of the details about the event + how to shop it, plus share which items I’ll be buying. Not only am I huge fan of all things beauty, but I have been loyally shopping at Sephora for as long as I can remember. You seriously can’t beat their selection of makeup, skincare, and haircare products! And I honestly say, I have never walked out of Sephora empty handed haha. It’s a beauty lover’s paradise!
all about the Sephora Summer Bonus Event
- Rouge members could shop starting 8/19 through 8/27. A major perk of being a top tier member of the beauty insider program is getting to shop these events earlier than other members! I’m personally a Rouge member, and it’s amazing!
- Rouge members receive 20% off all purchases online + in store with code SUMMERSAVE.
- VIB members can shop 8/20 through 8/27.
- VIB members receive 15% off all purchases online + in store with code SUMMERSAVE.
- All offers are valid in both US and Canada.
- Some exclusions apply: Not valid on The Ordinary products . Clients are limited to the purchase of one Dyson item, three Drunk Elephant items, five Morphe items, and three Tatcha items per SKU per transaction.
If you aren’t familiar with the Beauty Insider Program at Sephora, I promise you won’t want to miss out. It’s essentially a free program that allows you to earn rewards any time you shop at Sephora, either online or in store. Beauty Insider members receives all sorts of perks including shopping events (like this one!) early, special discount codes, birthday gifts, and other fun beauty rewards. It’s free and easy to sign up. Over time, based on how much you shop at Sephora, you can graduate to the top tiers (like Rouge) and shop events like this before anyone else AND receive a larger discount. It’s seriously amazing!
what I’m buying
I thought it would be fun and hopefully helpful to share which beauty items I’ll be buying during the Summer Bonus Event. Most of these are tried and true beauty faves that I have been using for a long time. I love restocking during these Bonus Events because I know I’ll always need more of these ride or die products. If you haven’t tried any of the things on my list, I seriously can’t recommend them enough! You can read through my current makeup routine here.
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation: So this is basically the unicorn of all foundations haha. Let me explain. I am obsessed with this foundation, especially in the summer, because it’s both lightweight and offers good coverage. It’s completely buildable, so you’re in control of how much coverage you want. It’s a higher price point than some other foundations (all the more reason to buy doing the Sephora Summer Bonus Event!), but I’ve found that a little truly goes a long way. This foundation actually makes your skin feel like silk and it doesn’t separate or wear off throughout the day. I wear shade 6.5 for reference.
- Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in shade ‘Very Victoria’: To be honest, I want this lipstick in every shade because it’s THAT good. It’s a matte lipstick, but don’t let that scare you. It is not drying at all, but the pigment is so good. ‘Very Victoria‘ is the shade I’m wearing in these photos and one of the shades I wear most often throughout the week. I love this shade because it’s there perfect everyday neutral and looks so natural. It just subtly enhances your lips in such a natural way. Some of my other fave shades are ‘Pillow Talk’ and ‘Walk of Shame’!
- Tatcha Primer: This is one of those products I’ve talked about a ton on here and instagram, so I won’t be too lengthy here. I have tried a lot of primers and to behest, haven’t noticed that many make a different at all in my makeup routine. But this Tatcha primer has quickly become a holy grail product for me. It gives your skin an even, smooth surface that allows your makeup to apply more evenly and last ALL day long. It’s truly magic and worth every penny.
- Tarte mascara and primer: Since I stopped getting eyelash extensions earlier this year, I have been on the hunt for the best mascara and primer combo. I’ve been rotating between a few, but this Tarte mascara and primer have been one of my favorites. This combination really goes your last both volume and length. It never smudges or anything during the day either.
A few more beauty faves I’m shopping during the Sephora Summer Bonus Event:
So if you’ve been needing to restock on some of your everyday beauty products, the Sephora Summer Bonus Event is definitely the time to do it! Even if I’m not totally out of a product, I’ll still restock if I know I’ll have to eventually anyway. Hopefully today’s post helped give you all the details about the event and gave you some good ideas for what to buy as well. If you have any beauty faves that I need to know about, let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!
This post was created in collaboration with Sephora. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.