I did a q&a on my stories a few weeks ago and one question someone asked was “what do you miss most about life with covid happening right now?”. For several months, I was honestly shocked how much I didn’t miss traveling! If you’ve been following me for a while, you know we used to travel ALL the time. I’d say we were gone for about two weeks out of every month on a trip and we LOVED it (even with Shiloh!). But…(especially with Shiloh), this constant traveling got to be pretty exhausting. So…for the first 4ish months of Covid, I didn’t really miss it! It was nice to just be home and not always be packing and unpacking suitcases. We’ve really enjoyed settling into a routine where we cook at home and do laundry and grocery shop haha.
BUT, all that to say. As of a few weeks ago…I’ve started to get a major case of wanderlust and really missed traveling and seeing different parts of the world! It’s a part of both my life and blog that truly gives me so much life and joy, makes me feel closer to the Lord, and refreshes me in ways like nothing else can. So today, to help my case of wanderlust, I wanted to share a few trips I’ve been dreaming about taking soon!
5 trips I’m dreaming of taking
- Montana. Michael’s parents actually have a house in Montana and we usually go once or twice a year every year! Once during ski season and once during the summer, to enjoy the cooler temps and go hiking! We lived in Colorado for 3 years and LOVED it, but there’s something about the mountains and beauty of Montana that you just can’t compare to anything else!
- Banff / Lake Louise. Michael and I went to Banff and Lake Louise summer 2017…and even though it was super smokey because of wildfires, it was still one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. We hiked our hearts out and spent so much time just staring at Lake Louise because the beauty of it was truly captivating. I can’t wait to go back!
- Charleston, South Carolina. I’ve only been to Charleston once, and it was for a wedding so we were only there for 2 nights and didn’t get a chance to really explore. This has been on my bucket list for years! I’ve heard from so many friends what a cute / fun city it is and I can’t wait to go explore it!
- Colorado. My parents actually drove up to Crested Butte, CO beginning of August…and are staying in Colorado for an entire month! They really hate the Texas heat once August hits so decided to escape it, and my mom’s pictures / texts about CO have been making me miss it SO much! I miss the weather, the mountains, hiking, the lifestyle…we are SO happy to be back in Dallas, close to family again. But definitely missing CO right now!
- Nashville, TN. So I’ve actually never been to Nashville, believe it or not! Michael and I have been dying to go for years now, but it’s not really a trip you take with a baby haha. And then once we moved back to Dallas, close to family…COVID happened. So it’s still on our bucket list. I’ve heard the music scene + restaurants etc are so cute there and we can’t wait to visit!
In other news, this maxi dress was an under $50 find I have been LOVING this summer! I love a good maxi dress you can throw on with sneakers or sandals, bra-friendly, and not see through! It’s such an easy outfit to just throw on and go and still look and feel really cute in. This one comes in 3 colors and I’m tempted to get another because I wear this one all the time. For size reference, I’m wearing the XS and I am 5’7!
ALSO I am actually SO excited because our little fam is taking a trip to a place I listed in this blog post next week! We’re going to be gone for two weeks which is the longest we’ve been gone in probably 2+ years. While we are traveling, we of course will still be wearing masks, social distancing, being super cautious and following all states’ guidelines! But we are so excited and thankful for a little change of scenery and hopefully cooler temps! Any guesses where we are going?
for weekly updates + favs sign up for my newsletter!
Have any of you guys been itching to travel this year? If so, what are some places on your bucket list?
Thanks for reading!