Hi happy Monday! I was going through my DM’s the other day and noticed LOTS of questions about Dallas! Recommendations for restaurants or hair salons etc. So today I wanted to share an updated list of my favorite spots in Dallas – everything from hotels to spas to restaurants and more!
the joule hotel
Before I dive into my list…I wanted to first talk about the joule hotel with y’all! The joule is such a special place for us in Dallas because it’s our go-to hotel anytime we want to do a special staycation, or bachelorette party, romantic get away, special birthday trip etc! We stayed here last year to celebrate my 30th birthday (right before everything shut down in Dallas), and even though we didn’t “go” anywhere (just stayed in our city) it felt like such a special birthday because the joule is that amazing of a hotel!
We went all out for my 30th birthday and stayed in one of the penthouse suites at the joule which was LITERALLY A DREAM! If you have a special event coming up, I think this is definitely worth looking into. The suite was a massive, beautiful space with a private rooftop view of downtown.
But, we have also stayed at the joule several times in one of their regular rooms and it still felt so luxurious and special! The spa at the joule hotel is definitely my favorite spa / massage in Dallas! I got a massage last year before my birthday and I still dream about it haha. The massage was wonderful but their spa facilities also feel so luxurious and peaceful.
Another thing we love about the joule are the restaurants downstairs! CBD provisions is one of our favorite restaurants in Dallas and this is on the first floor of the joule! We had my birthday dinner here (but as you can see below, we ate it in our room!) and it was SO yummy! The coffee shop downstairs [Weekend Coffee] is one of my favorite coffee shops in Dallas, regardless of if I’m staying at the hotel or just happen to be downtown! I love their almond milk flat whites, and we also got breakfast burritos here when we stayed during my birthday trip last year!
The pics above were my birthday dinner we got at CBD provisions and had sent up to our room!
I also love the location of the joule! Michael and I always enjoy walking around downtown to different shops or restaurants, and its a great location too for taking blog photos haha. So, if you’re looking to do a staycation somewhere, OR if you are coming to Dallas and wondering where to stay…the joule is definitely one of our favorite hotels here and I highly recommend!
Outside of places to stay…I have SO many favorite restaurants in Dallas haha its hard to narrow it down. Dallas really is such a foodie city and has tons of amazing options. Here’s my current list of favorite restaurants:
- Oishii – two locations now! Hands down my favorite sushi in Dallas! We get it delivered through door dash all the time haha but also love going for a date night. Royce roll and Caesar roll are my two faves!
- Cane Rosso – our favorite pizza in dallas (and they have multiple locations now). The honey bastard pizza is a little spicy, has a bacon marmelade on it, honey, brisket….it’s a magical combination. Also their burrata appetizer is delicious!
- Mesero – Dallas has tons of great tex mex but Mesero is definitely where we visit the most! Their drinks are DELISH and it’s one of the only mexican restaurants I go to where I always try new things on the menu because everything is so good. If you’re going for the first time…get the brisket tacos (or brisket nachos!) and the jalapina margarita!
- Townhearth – this is definitely a special occasion restaurant but worth the splurge. It’s a steakhouse but they have a good variety on the menu. Michael and I both always get steak here though because it’s AMAZING. And their mac and cheese is to die for. And the winelist…I could go on haha.
- Bellagreen – if you’re looking for a casual lunch / dinner spot…this has become one of my go-tos in Dallas! The menu is healthy but SO yummy and they have a really wide variety – from pizza to salads to pastas…and everything we’ve tried there, we have loved!
- Sixty Vines – another favorite date night spot, but doesn’t have to be super fancy! I love their fig + prosciutto pizza, their dessert is phenomenal, and the team there is so nice + friendly. The atmosphere is also beautiful!
- Sprezza – I’m not gonna lie…italian food is not usually my favorite or a go to for me, but this italian restaurant is a new favorite for us! Their pasta is all homemade everyday and so fresh. The atmosphere is really quaint and romantic too!
A few places on my list I want to try:
- Las Palmas – heard this is really good tex mex!
- The Charles
dallas beauty spots
I go to Rose Couture in Dallas for my nails and it’s honestly my favorite nail salon I have ever been to. They have more color options than you could ever dream of (for gel or dipping powder), and the salon itself is beautiful! I used to always see Jay for my dipping powder manicure, and he is amazing. But recently I’ve been getting a french ombre manicure and for that I see JuJu! They are both so good!
I go to salon 5014 in Dallas for my hair! I’ve seen Charleigh for my color for almost 7 years now which is nuts! But ever since I found her I never wanted to try anyone else for color! She is so sweet and so talented! Ashley does my extensions (more details about my extensions in this post) and I love her work SO much. She really will make your extensions look SO natural and they have not damaged my hair at all! Jennie does my cut and she is a freaking wizard with the curling iron too!
I go to eleven wellness for my facials – but they also have a doctor there who does acupuncture AND they just hired a massage therapist haha so this is really a one stop medspa shop! Julia does my facials and she is so talented / really customizes each facial to each client depending on their skin type and concerns and what they need! I try and go every 6 weeks or so and my skin is always glowing afterwards. She’s also made really helpful recommendations on products to add to my skincare routine!
follow along @laurenkaysims
Okay if you are a Dallas native…comment below and let me know if i’m missing anything! Any fave restaurants or new spots I need to try? Comment below and let me know!