First Comes Love by Emily Giffin | 31 Days of Prayer for the dreamer + doer | Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist | Wild and Free by Jess Connolly and Hayley Morgan | The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller | Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
Okay, I’ll be honest with y’all. For the most part I try and plan my posts out weeks in advance and usually my brain is overflowing with ideas on what to post next. Today, I had planned on posting a dress (a really cute one, at that), but I’ve been in kind of an “outfit post” rut lately. Don’t get me wrong, I’m obviously obsessed with fashion and things like this little romper from yesterday give me LIFE. But for whatever reason, when I came to write my post today…I just felt like I couldn’t do one more outfit post this week.
So I started thinking about what’s been on my mind or heart recently…and here’s what came to mind: BOOKS! Obviously with travel and vacations, summertime is the best time to catch up on all of the great books out there. And I personally feel like there’s not enough time in the day to read all of the good books. So, I just wanted to share a few with y’all that I’ve either been LOVING, or that are on my “to read” list!
- First Comes Love by Emily Giffin – this book is currently available for preorder only, but the publisher sent me an early copy and I have been LOVING it! This is my first Emily Giffin book and I’m officially hooked. It’s a fiction book (and I’m a tough crowd when it comes to fiction books), but so far it’s super entertaining, and I’m loving the storyline (only about halfway through right now)!
- 31 Days of Prayer for the dreamer + doer – this is my daily devotional that I’ve posted on snapchat (laurenkay2) several times. Every day there is a different prayer for a different season or struggle. For example – there was an amazing prayer on fear, a prayer to pray for your husband, a prayer on finding your security in Christ, etc. It’s an awesome way to get you in communication with God, get you in the Word, and then after the prayer there are some really amazing questions that get you to examine your heart, and seek the Lord for help! I have LOVED this devotional.
- Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist – I’ve probably read this book 3 times, and plan on reading it a 4th this summer. It is absolutely in my top 10 favorite books of all time, and Shauna Niequist might be my favorite author of all time! It’s a beautiful story on grace and how the Lord can make something so beautiful out of what might seem like a failure or a tragedy, or even something so simple. Shauna Niequist’s way of writing makes you feel like you’re just chatting with her over coffee in the cutest coffee shop. I’ve never met her, but somehow feel like we are actually best friends.
- Wild and Free by Jess Connolly and Hayley Morgan – I haven’t read this book yet but I ordered it last night, and it’s next on my list to read! I’ve heard such amazing things about it and was hooked when I read the tagline: “a hope-filled anthem for the woman who feels she is both too much and never enough”
- The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller – also haven’t read this one yet, but several people who I respect most in life (my parents, my older brother + many others) have said this is one of the best Christian books they have ever read on marriage. I’m really excited for Michael and me to read it together!
- Me Before You by JoJo Moyes – As I said, I’m a tough crowd when it comes to fiction books and I absolutely loved this one! I read it maybe a year ago and laughed and cried my entire way through it. The storyline is so captivating (I’m horrible at trying to give a synopsis because I always give too much away, so…just trust me!), and Moyes is such a talented writer that you literally feel like you are right there throughout the entire story. AND they just came out with a movie this week! If you haven’t read this book yet, definitely start now! It is SO good.
So there ya go! My best books for summer. Have you read any of these? If so, I’d love to hear your thoughts on them! Or, if you have any books you’re loving right now, please comment below! Happy Friday loves!
xo LaurenShop the post: