what to pack in a hospital bag
In last week’s 36 week bumpdate blog post, I asked you guys to leave a comment with advice on what to pack in a hospital bag for labor. Like always, your responses were SO helpful and I appreciated each and every one of them! So, after reading your comments, asking family and friends, and doing some research…I’ve finally put together my list of what will be coming with me to the hospital. I thought I’d share it with y’all today for any other first time momma’s out there!
Here is the list of what I’m packing for myself (and then I’ll also share what I’m packing for baby! Side note – it feels SO SURREAL writing this blog post slash packing my hospital bag! Like I can’t believe we are this close. Anyway. Back to the list):
- Robe – I will probably bring one warm/cozy robe and then one pretty one for photos, if we have those taken!
- Nursing camis
- Nursing bras
- Nursing pads
- Nursing-friendly pajamas – like the sleep shirt I’m wearing here and I’ll also probably bring some of the ones from this post
- Cozy sweatpants (also love these ones and the price is great!)
- Dry shampoo
- Water bottle
- My own pillow and towel (I heard the hospital towels they give you after you take your first shower after labor aren’t great).
- Long phone cord charger
- Protein bars
- Basic toiletries
- Essential oils + diffusers (momma’s – any suggestions on which YL oils I should diffuse in the delivery room?!)
- Going home outfit – which will more than likely be lululemon align leggings and a big loose top haha
Here is my list of what I’m packing for baby girl:
- Going home outfit + another onesie or two
- Swaddling blanket or two
- Boppy / nursing pillow
- Baby nail file (I heard they come out with little claws and the hospital won’t cut their nails).
I’ve heard the hospital provides almost everything you need so I feel like my lists aren’t super long. Fingers crossed we’re only there for two nights! But, if I left anything off my lists you think are MUST-haves, please let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for reading friends!