Photos by: Lindsey Shea Photography
Some of you might remember my posts on half marathon training from end of last year, and that I did the Dallas Half Marathon in December! That was my second half marathon ever and I loved it. I made a New Years Resolution to do another half this year and am SO excited for the one I’m doing in May! It’s the ASICS (first ever) Vine Body and Sole half-marathon in Napa, Ca! Seriously, can you think of a better place to run a half marathon than through wine country?!
A little bit about the race, and then we’ll talk about half marathon training essentials. First of all – if you’re interested in doing some type of race or challenge in Napa but don’t want to run a half…you can also just partake in the “training weekend” part of the event! Registration for this race gets you:
- Entry to the half marathon and “want it more” training challenge
- FREE pair of ASICS shoes and shirt
- Yoga in the vineyards (YES PLEASE!)
- Access to the finish line festival with live music, wine tasting and more!
You can run the race as an individual OR bring a few friends with you and make it a relay! Talk about the funnest girls trip ever. The dates are May 13-14 so training basically starts now (or yesterday haha). Check out my post on instagram today to see how you could win FREE entry to this race for you and a friend!
Now, onto a few of my half marathon training essentials. I will be doing posts throughout my training to give you tips/advice, and today I just want to share a few essentials if you’re starting the half marathon training process!:
- Good shoes are a must. While I love these Nikes I’m wearing here, I don’t run in these shoes. I suggest going to your closest Luke’s Locker or Run On to get an expert to help you find what shoe is best for you! Personally, I run in Newtons and love them, and know that ASICS also makes amazing, quality running shoes.
- Fitness watch: makes the world of a difference. Between Fitbit, the Apple Watch, Garmin, and the millions of others…your options are endless for a good fitness watch, which I think is essential for half marathon training. I absolutely love my Apple Watch and highly recommend it (whether you’re considering half marathon training or not! It’s just great to have all around).
- PROTEIN! With all the miles you will be logging, it’s so important to be fueling your body with good protein so that you don’t start burning muscle. Two of my favorite protein sources are G2G bars (you can get 15% off with the code “KAY”! My favorite flavors are almond chocolate chip and peanut butter chocolate chip), and Advocare Muscle Gain (it’s the yummiest protein shake you will ever drink, with 25g of protein!)
I’d love for you to partake in this half marathon training process with me! Let me know if you have any questions at all!
xo LaurenShop the post: