Photos by: Mary Fields Photography
Hi guys! In case you didn’t see my first post, I decided to do a little series on what to wear for engagement photos…and this is part two of the series! This look I’m sharing with ya’ll today is what I would consider your “dressy” look for engagement photos. Some of my tips for picking our your dressy look:
- Stay true to who ya’ll are. Neither Michael nor I are super fancy/black tie type of people – so our dressy look is pretty laid back. If you want to do a dressier look for your engagement photos but aren’t necessarily a really formal person – don’t force it! To get a “laid back dressy” look for guys – chinos are a great option for pants, and a linen jacket also works great. I wouldn’t recommend a tuxedo and a floor-length dress…unless that’s your personality! Then, go for it!
- Think about shoes! Most engagement photos are shot outside, so make sure if you’re wearing heels, they are heels you’re willing to walk around in the grass or dirt in!
- Don’t forget accessories! You can turn almost any casual sundress into a dressy look with the right accessories. Jewelry is key, but you don’t want to overdo it. So, try and stick with one metal (I did all gold), and don’t get too crazy with color (in my opinion)!
I also wanted to share some of mine and Michael’s best date night spots in Dallas, for those of you who live here, or who might be traveling to Dallas this spring/summer!
- If you’re feeling fancy – we went to Gemma for our Valentine’s Day date night and it was wonderful! The price point definitely makes this place a “special occasion” date night (at least for us), but the food is absolutely worth the money. First of all, the bread they bring out to start is incredible. Both of the meals we ordered were a 10 on a 10, and the environment was so classy and romantic! We also love Hibiscus – food is amazing, environment is so intimate, and the decor is beautiful!
- Great “middle ground” date night (aka nicer than Chipotle, but not crazy fancy!) – probably our two favorite “middle ground” date night spots: R&D Kitchen and Oishii! These are both great restaurants if you want to do a special date night, but without spending a ton of money. If you go to R&D – make sure to get the deviled eggs & Thai Tuna roll! And Oishii – they have a sushi roll called the “on the border roll” that will change your life!
And as far as best date night spots in Dallas…let’s be real, Chuy’s never fails! (And if you follow me on snapchat [laurenkay2], you know it’s always followed with Braum’s!)
xo LaurenShop the post: