Hi guys! For a while now, I’ve gotten alot of requests to do a post on my workout routine. For those of you who follow me on snapchat or instagram, you probably see that I workout several days a week and that fitness is a big part of my life. I was hesitant to share my workout routine with y’all for a while because it’s far from perfect and needs a bit of tweaking. BUT, I decided to share it regardless just so you know what my workout routine looks like on a regular basis! I will say though, I’m trying to add in more weight training in place of the cardio so…it’s a work in progress!
My workout routine has changed slightly since my half marathon in May, now that I’m not having to log as many miles each week. So, this routine can vary depending on if I’m training for a race. But, here’s what my workout routine looks like more or less each week:
- Sunday: 6-mile run outdoors – either at the lake or around our neighborhood
- Monday: 45-minute flywheel class (if you’ve never done Flywheel, there’s a portion of the class where you do arm weights, so this combines cardio and a little bit of weight training! you can also click that link to try your first class out for free!)
- Tuesday: 60-minute vinyasa yoga class OR rest day, depending on how I’m feeling
- Wednesday: Usually two back to back flywheel classes (the first class is a regular flywheel class, the second one is Flybeats – more of a rhythm based riding class with a little bit of choreography – it’s so fun!)
- Thursday: Shorter run (3ish miles) + weight training (I usually do arm weights and an ab workout after a shorter run)
- Friday: Flywheel or run or rest
- Saturday: Recently added kickboxing at TITLE boxing club to my routine on Saturdays! It’s SUCH a good workout and is fun to change things up a bit!
I hope this is helpful for any of you trying to come up with a routine that works for you! Like I said, mine is pretty heavy on the cardio and I’m trying to add in more weight training. I try and work out 5-6 days a week because I truly love it. It’s such a stress reliever for me, and brings me so much joy! Since I work from home, it’s also my way to get out of the house and be around people or be outside…otherwise I would go crazy!
Let me know if y’all have questions about this or any specific requests for another fitness post!
xo LaurenShop the post: