As a first time mama, I am trying my best to teach Shiloh about all of the different food groups and how healthy foods make you grow big and strong! I’m not going to pretend it is always easy to get her to eat healthy, but that’s the goal in our house. I want to teach Shiloh that you need to take care of your body from the inside out, and although she’s too little to completely understand that concept right now, it’s never too early to start! Recently I’ve started using the Express delivery from Walmart because they literally have everything you could want and only a 2 hour turn around time which is amazing when I forget to grab something or I’m stuck in a rut for what to make for dinner!
Typically when I cook our meals, I like to encourage Shiloh to try everything that’s on our plate! Some things aren’t at the top of her list, but to me it’s important for her to taste it and expand her palette with different fruits, veggies, proteins and more. Today I wanted to share a few items that I always grab from Walmart that Shiloh LOVES! Again, I am no expert in this area haha and we keep things very simple, but just wanted to share in case it gives some mamas out there new ideas for their babe!
Shiloh’s Favorite Foods: from breakfast, to lunch + dinner, to snacks!
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is such a great healthy option for Shiloh or for Michael and I! The Quaker instant oatmeal packs are loaded with healthy fiber and nutrients and take less than 3 minutes to make. We like to mix Shiloh’s with organic whole milk and a tbsp of peanut butter!
- Waffles: these Kashi waffles are always an easy option to just toss in the toaster and I love that they are made from 100% whole grains! Shiloh loves the blueberry flavor, but they have a few different kinds I definitely want to try! Top with a little bit of butter and honey and she eats it right up (and I steal them sometimes too!)
- Organic Whole Milk: This is a staple in our house! We use whole milk in Shiloh’s oatmeal, mac & cheese and other meals or just to fill up her sippy cup!
Lunch + Dinner
- Chicken nuggets: We love this Applegate brand of gluten free chicken nuggets for a simple protein source at mealtimes! I really like that they’re made with natural ingredients and they’re super easy to throw in the oven or microwave for dinner. Definitely a frequent freezer item for us!
- Sweat potato fries: If I have time to make fries in my air-fryer, that’s my go-to, but if I don’t we also like to stock up on these Alexia sweet potato fries that are non-gmo! They’re slightly salt and sweet potatoes are full of antioxidants which is always a plus!
- Quesadillas or cheesy bread: I am a cheese lover to my core… and apparently I passed that down to Shiloh haha! She loves cheese, so cheese quesadillas are always an idea for an easy meal! I like to grate organic cheddar cheese and black beans to add some healthy fiber. She also loves cheesy bread which is just as simple as it sounds… an english muffin or toast with cheese grated on top!
- Steamed veggies: I always try to make sure Shilohs meals are healthy and nutritious, so some sort of vegetable or fruit is almost always on her plate! These organic steamed veggies are so easy to throw in the microwave and top with butter!
- Mac and cheese: More cheese! Shiloh loves the Annies Macaroni & Cheese – it’s made with natural ingredient and it honestly tastes so good I typically steal more than a few bites haha! She likes when I mix in some peas which is her favorite veggie, like this canned option!
Quick + Easy Snacks
- Fruit: Shiloh loves fruit! She’s tried bananas, blueberries, oranges etc… but strawberries are by far her favorite! Walmart has a great selection of organic fruit that’s super affordable and always fresh!
- Pouches: All the mamas out there know that pouches are where it’s at! In the car? Grab a pouch! Going on a walk? Grab a pouch! They always have the best variety of organic fruit and veggie combos, but our favorite are from the Happy Tot brand! Shiloh likes the pear + green bean flavor or the apple + butternut squash the best! They’re made with organic ingredients and minimal additives which is something I always look for when I’m buying “on the go” snacks!
- Snack bars: Most of the time I would shy away from a processed snack bar, but RX Kids Bars are made with only 4 real ingredients and Shiloh loves the strawberry kind!
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is one of my favorite snacks, and now it’s one of Shiloh’s faves too! We usually give her whole milk greek yogurt and this lemon meringue flavor is SO good! It’s a great option when you’re at home and looking for something healthy and quick!
I hope this little list helped my other mama friends think of some little ways to mix and match your babies snacks and meals! The Walmart Express delivery service has been a game changer for me because it’s so fast!
What are your kids favorite snacks or meals? Comment below and share your ideas! I always love letting Shiloh try new things! Thank you for reading!
Walmart Express delivery is subject to availability at select stores. Standard delivery fee and/or Express delivery fee may apply. Minimum order applies.
This post was created in collaboration with Walmart. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own!