one of the most common DM’s i get is for dallas recommendations – my fave restaurants or places to get a massage etc! so i thought it might be helpful to sum up all of my dallas favorites into a dallas travel guide for you guys to easily bookmark and refer back to!
dallas is a MAJOR foodie city IMO. we have so many incredible restaurants. and tbh as a 33 year old mama i don’t keep up with all the latest and greatest haha. but i’ll go ahead and share what our favorite places are anyway, in case you’re planning a trip to dallas soon or looking for some new places to try!
- oishii — IYKYK. hands down my favorite sushi in dallas! if you go, our favorite rolls are the royce roll, cesar roll, donut roll, and the 44 roll! there are two locations in dallas – i personally like the one off oak lawn more but both are fantastic
- mesero – possibly my favorite tex mex spot in dallas. their queso is phenomenal, i love the tacos, brisket nachos, tuna nachos…honestly everything on the menu is so good. there are several dallas locations
- r&d kitchen – an oldie but goodie! i LIVE for their thai tuna roll! their salads here are also amazing and michael and i love the dip duo – it’s chips with guacamole and pimento cheese! the atmosphere is also cool and a great date night spot or even a girls lunch date!
- drake’s – super swanky date night spot with AMAZING food. they have a really wide variety on the menu and we’ve loved everything we’ve gotten here! from pizza to steaks (and their cocktails are also delicious).
- the mexican – one of our new favorite spots / a go-to for us for a special date night! it’s kind of like ‘fancy’ mexican food haha and one of those restaurants where you can’t be afraid to branch out from your normal taco mexican dinner. everything we’ve tried here was incredible and they also have the BEST desserts!!
- origin kitchen – i first went here for a lunch date with a girlfriend and knew i had to come back after drooling over the ENTIRE menu! almost everything on the menu is gluten free, seasonal ingredients, so fresh…but still SO delicious and filling! even michael loves it and he typically thinks my restaurant choices are ‘too healthy’ haha. we loved their gluten free calamari appetizer, flatbread seasonal pizza, the burger is incredible…and all of their salads are next level! the staff is also so friendly here! great for lunch with girlfriends or a date night spot!
- carbone – obviously this isn’t a local dallas spot (originated in nyc i believe) but dallas finally got one and the food is OUT of this world and i love the cozy intimate environment. i’m not usually the biggest fan of italian food but theirs all tastes so fresh and full of flavor and truly out of this world good! even the bread that you start with will blow your mind!
- the porch – one of our go-to casual dinner spots in dallas! it’s american food like burgers, chicken fried steak, (i always get the salmon burger!), that’s just done REALLY well. i am also obsessed with their gooey butter cake for dessert!! like drooling just thinking about it! you can also eat outside on their covered porch if the weather is nice, and they have a great cocktail menu!
favorite coffee shops:
things to do / see
i always tell people dallas doesn’t have a whole lot to do other than eat and shop haha but if you’re looking for some fun activities…
- dallas zoo
- dallas aquarium
- perot museum
- playstreet museum – just a fun indoor play place in lake highlands we love!
- katy trail – really pretty walking trail near knox / henderson area!
- white rock lake – i think this is the prettiest spot you’ll find in dallas! my favorite place to run or go for a bike ride
- klyde warren park – pretty outdoor area near downtown with food trucks and sometimes water fountains / activities for kids!
- northpark mall is hands down my favorite mall in dallas. it’s huge + they have pretty much everything from high end designer stores to aerie and everything in between (and a good food court!)
- highland park village – really pretty outdoor shopping area with high end designer stores and great restaurants!
- knox / henderson – not a ton of shopping but there’s a restoration hardware in this area, lululemon, apple store, home decor / furniture stores, local boutiques + lots of good restaurants!
my favorite spa in dallas is at the joule hotel! the facilities here are beautiful and so luxe (the steam room / sauna / pool area is so nice) and the massages i’ve gotten here have been some of the best i’ve ever had. they also offer amazing facials + lots of other spa type services! great for a couples trip or a girls trip to dallas!
i think that sums up my favorite spots in dallas! if you are a dallas local, is there anything i’m missing?! please comment below and let me know what your favorite spots are! thanks for reading!
for more faves sign up here!