egg frittata + healthy breakfast ideas
Last week I talked about the 10-day cleanse Michael and I were doing (see the post here – just finished on Sunday!), so today I want to share some healthy breakfast ideas you can have on the cleanse! These are also great breakfast options though whether you’re doing the cleanse/whole30 or not. The options below are typically what my breakfast looks like every morning.
First I want to share this egg frittata recipe with y’all! I got the recipe from this website so you can find all the instructions/ingredients there. You really can use whatever combo of ingredients you want, but I used spinach, tomatoes, red bell pepper, chicken sausage, salt, pepper, and a little paprika! (and eggs, obviously haha). This frittata was SO yummy and super easy to make. It was also SO nice because I made this on Tuesday morning and we had breakfast for the rest of the week! It reheats really well.
A few other healthy breakfast ideas / some of my go-to’s:
- Scrambled egg whites with spinach and bell pepper, topped with avocado + 1/2 grapefruit + 1/2 whole wheat english muffin (I probably have this at least 4 days a week!)
- Purely elizabeth ancient grain oatmeal – this oatmeal is SUPER filling and has so many nutrients in it! gluten free, non GMO and no sugar added! I topped mine off with a little bit of almond butter and fruit!
- Avocado toast on whole grain braid (I usually top it with s+p and a little garlic salt) with over easy egg. side of blueberries and strawberries
- Advocare meal replacement shake – over 20 grams of protein, and great for when you’re on the go!
- Greek yogurt with purely elizabeth granola and fruit. Greek yogurt has tons of protein in it and this granola is SO delicious and super good for you. Two servings a day will get you maximum probiotic benefits to help support a healthy immune + digestive system.
- If I’m in a hurry I’ll grab a g2g bar (favorite flavor is peanut butter chocolate chip or peanut butter fruit nut!). 18 grams of protein and gluten free (and seriously so tasty). Use the code “KAY” to get 20% off!
Breakfast is SO important so do yourself a favor and don’t skip it! It gets your metabolism going + gives you energy for the day. Make sure you’re packing in the protein too!
Do you have any healthy breakfast options that are your go-to’s? I’d love to hear about them in the comments below! Let me know if y’all have any other specific food/recipe posts y’all want to see!